Thursday, February 7, 2008

Worse than I thought imaginable.

Oceans 12. What a shit movie. Entertaining but all in all a mess that was at times not that fun to watch. I don't know if this was Steven Soderberghs idea for or a homage to Italian crime/ comedy/ heist / action adaventure cinema but I ended up hitting my head in frustration many times to watch this and trying not taking it to seriously. The only thing going for it was the soundtrack. David Holmes created a score and used other Italian library music cues from the 70's ( Ennio Morricone and Giuseppe De Lucca ) to beef up the feel and dynamics for certain scenes. I only wish the story was better to fit the better music.
I always thought David Holmes to be a lazy producer. I never liked the one album I had heard " Let's Get Killed". Always felt he had good taste in music, samples and breaks but the music was flat and I found myself thinking about something else I should be doing or listening to. Ocean's Twelve is a bit different and focused.
In no way is this a reccamendation to see the movie. Far from it.
Try to see this instead.

No comments: