Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Memorial Day. The End of My Week Off.

Saw the 2009 version of Animal Collective in Portland last week. I had a great time because well let's be honest I don't get out much anymore. Joseph thank you for making that a fun 24 hours. Visited Mississippi Records for the first time and bought two Prince Far I lps and a Carl Orff Gassenhaur/ Street Song record. That store charmed me. If you like the reggae, tropicalia, psychedelia, high life African rock/funk, soul, jazz, soundtracks, rock, blues this store is for you and it will love you back. Which also reminded me to save even more money next time I decide to visit it again. 
I shot video from the balcony at the Roseland Theater. The quality is questionable because you can find better video from the same show on the internets.
Enjoy



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you make me look lazy, i haven't posted my review yet. it was wonderful having you, and you are welcome back anytime. i promise to be more entertaining.

i notice that you didn't mention the naps we took during the show.

upsetter5001 said...

Naps were a critical element to the set. I enjoyed my quick snooze 10 minutes into "Fireworks". Made me forget were I was for a minute.